An Intensive Course in Dermato-Cosmetic Sciences is yearly organized, already from 1992 onwards. This successful international course aims at forming specialists for the cosmetic industry and the dermatologically-oriented pharmaceutical industry. It addresses topics particularly important for R&D professionals, marketers and other participants of the cosmetic industry value chain.
The course aspiration is not only to provide up-to-date reliable scientific information regarding the preparation and production of chemically and toxicologically well-defined products, but also to create better understanding of the close interaction between dermato-cosmetics and the skin as a living organ. A number of topics related to the efficacy of cosmetic products receive special attention.
Key questions to be tackled by the course:
- How to realise daily skin care and how to deal with the delicate napkin zone?
- How important is the barrier function of the skin?
- What is 'sensitive skin'?
- What are the newest findings concerning skin aging?
- How can one efficiently protect the skin from premature aging?
- Efficacy testing of cosmetics is a part of the new cosmetic regulation: what to expect and how to deal with it?
- How effective are skin care products? Can their efficacy be objectively evaluated by the use of non-invasive methods on humans? Are there new techniques available?
- How important is dermal absorption for the safety of dermato-cosmetics?
- How safe are dermato-cosmetics today?
- Is the application of in vitro methods for safety testing of cosmetics possible today? How can we test safety and efficacy of cosmetics without experimental animals?
For detailed course programme, registration and other practical information, please visit the official course website:
- Mrs. Manon Vivier or Mrs. Fabienne Van Bamis
- [T]: +32 (0)2 4774507