Stem cells harbour the potential to provide major breakthroughs in a number of dermatologic conditions and applications, such as chronic wounds, repair of tissue defects, skin reconstitution or skin rejuvenation. Moreover, stem cells have an impact on innate and adaptive immune responses, which warrants the evaluation of their role in autoimmune and allergic processes. Aim of the project is to evaluate the immunomodulatory capacities of different stem cell populations, such as adipose tissue derived stem cells (ADSC), skin-derived precursor cells or other mesenchymal stem cells under steady-state or proinflammatory conditions.
- Prof. Dr. J. Gutermuth
- Dr. T. Hillary
- Dr. Y. Mostmans
- C. Giddelo, research biologist
- Seher T, Mayer JU, Brockow K, Traidl-Hofmann C, Ollert M, Gutermuth J, Schmidt-Weber CB. (2012) A high-throughput screening assay for detection of auto-IgE. Experimental Dermatology 21(3): e2.
- Ring J, Gutermuth J. (2011) 100 years of hyposensitization: History of allergen-specific Immunotherapy. Allergy 66: 713-24
- Gutermuth J, Haug S, Darsow U, Ollert M, Mempel M, Ring J. (2011) Chronic palpable purpura mediated by Kiwi antigen Act1-induced immune complex vasculitis. Allergy, 66: 713-24.
- Miyagawa F, Gutermuth J, Zhang H, Katz SI. (2010) The use of mouse models to better understand mechanisms of autoimmunity and tolerance. J Autoimmun 35:192-8.
- Gutermuth J, Nograles K, Nelson M, Miyagawa F, Cho YH, Katz SI. (2009) Self-peptide treatment prolongs survival in murine autoimmunity via reduced IL-2/IL-7 mediated STAT5-signaling, CD8-coreceptor- and Vα2-downregulation. Journal of Immunology, 183: 3130-38.
- Klemm S, Gutermuth J, Hültner L, Sparwasser T, Behrendt H, Peschel C, Mak TW, Jakob T, Ruland J. (2006) The Bcl10/Malt1 Complex Segregates FcεRI-Mediated NF-κB Activation and Cytokine Production from Mast Cell Degranulation and Leukotriene Synthesis. Journal of Experimental Medicine 20; 203:337-47.
- Marzaioli V, Aguilar-Pimentel JA, Weichenmeier I, Luxenhofer G, Wiemann M, Landsiedel R, Wohlleben W, Eiden S, Mempel M, Behrendt H, Schmidt-Weber C, Gutermuth J, Alessandrini F. Surface modifications of silica nanoparticles are crucial for their inert versus proinflammatory and immunomodulatory properties. Int J Nanomedicine. 2014 Jun 5;9:2815-32. doi: 10.2147/IJN.S57396. eCollection 2014.